cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Mathcad Runtime?

ptc-4310378
1-Newbie

Mathcad Runtime?

Is there any way to pack a Mathcad file as an application that can be run by somebody who doesn't have Mathcad?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-4310378)

Is there any way to pack a Mathcad file as an application that can be run by somebody who doesn't have Mathcad?

No. Sorry. That is not possible.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Maybe you could used VB to call the worksheet, but you would require a license I would have thought.

Mike

Laurent Muller wrote:

Thanks

There is a server-based version of Mathcad ... see Valery's latest posting http://communities.ptc.com/message/181645#181645

Stuart

PTC is no longer sells Mathcad Application Server.

VladimirN. wrote:

PTC is no longer sells Mathcad Application Server.

... but a lot of Mathcad users use my Mathcad Server.

Looking forward to the translation......

Laurent Muller wrote:

Looking forward to the translation......

Pic_1.png

Looks great! One of our professor is distributing electronic slides of his lecture with live equations. Looks like the way it is going (Would have preferred I could just cut and past into Mathca!

Thanks

Previously been available a free viewer from Mathsoft - Mathcad Explorer (the last version was for Mathcad 8 file format). You can find a link for downloading here: http://communities.ptc.com/message/164132 .

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

No. Sorry. That is not possible.

Thanks. Looks like I'll have to refresh on Fortran......

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Fortran?! Ugh! I hate that language. Unless you are committed to it for some reason, you may want to take a look at Python. It's free, portable across many platforms, can be run in an interpreter or compiled to byte code, and there are very large numerical, scientific, and engineering libraries available (all free). And, unlike Fortran, it was built for OOP. For a very quick guide, look up "A Byte of Python".

No commitment to Fortran, but I am not a programmer and all the programming I will ever do can be done in Mathcad and Fortran is the only other language I ever used (about three times....as a dilettante, just for desperately needed HW extra points....).

This is for a one time project for a Summer Course, where the Professor wants to be able to plug in several set of data to check for robustness (and he doesn't "do" Mathcad).

I haven't figured out graphical output with Fortran, so if Python is friendly on this front and the learning curve not too steep, I would look into it.

Best of course would be if I could post my Mathcad sheet on Dr Valery's server and and he would allow access to our Professor!

But then I would have to learn about these fancy input fields Dr Valery seems to be using......not sure it supports 15 either.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

This is for a one time project for a Summer Course, where the Professor wants to be able to plug in several set of data to check for robustness (and he doesn't "do" Mathcad).

What does he "do"?

Usually there are 11 type of people in these classes:

-- Those who don't program and will submitt the good old Excel Sheet

-- And those who do and have advanced skills and pack an executable he can just click on to get to an input screen. So it doesn't really matter what it was written with (C++ seems to be preponderant though). At times, there are professional programmers in the lot who put the rest of us to shame with their fancy interfaces.

I still managed to squeeze the few extra points I needed in the past with my crummy Command Line looking Fortran submission, but it was for numerical outputs only. I suspect this Summer Project will ask for graphicals.

It would be worth my while to buy him an Academic License for him to run a Mathcad file, but I hate to put him though the hassle of the license install for a one time usage.

Otherwise, Mathematica is licensed to the school and is free to use for all. Mathcad is a non entity here. But I use it because I had some basic knowledge of it and all the great help from this site.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Well, unless whatever you use compiles to a standalone executable, he would have to install something. Depending on the project, maybe Smath would work? If you know Mathcad it would easy to write something in it, and it's free so your prof could install his own copy.

Top Tags