cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Mathcad help files should be on the web...

PhilipOakley
5-Regular Member

Mathcad help files should be on the web...

The mathcad help files can get stale, and improvements in explanations don't get propagated to the user community.

Placing the help files on the web would make them more searchable, indexable, and responsive. And we would be able to point directly to the web example when responding to user questions.

Today I was looking for the details about Given - Find and solving for vectors and the funny set-ups, and it wasn't easy.

If it had been on the web then extra example pages would have been available, and I would have accidently done a fourth power summation....

I do note that all the Matlab documenation is fully web visible, for all the versions.

MathCAD should do the same V2000 onward (even V6 for the real hold-outs!).

Do You Agree?

Philip

For those unsure about the problem I mentioned, it is that selecting LM minimisation changes the form of the constraint needed, and that needs an example.

Tom Gutman used to go on about it. Only now do I understand, and even then possibly not fully... [and it shouldn't be that way - a right click option changing that possibly causes a worksheet to 'fail'

3 REPLIES 3

I am agree!

But more!

I think a simple version of Mathcad must be on Web (a live version) - as a simple version of SMath - see http://en.smath.info/forum/

I also agree with this.

PhilipOakley
5-Regular Member
(To:PhilipOakley)

The other feature should be that the Quicksheets, Tutorials, and Help pages should have Chaper and section numbers so that we can all refer to them consistently.

Top Tags