cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Mathcad prime 3.1 stopped working again as a fully version

rdelascasas
6-Contributor

Mathcad prime 3.1 stopped working again as a fully version

To all,

my Prime 3.1 version has stopped working like a fully version and does not allow me to use, for example programming on a calculation sheet.

it happened already few months ago and it was solved with the help of some tech from PTC.

they sent me the license file again, but i cannot discern what number of all the numbers that appear on the license file is the one that i have to use to re-activate again my license for Prime 3.1.

this is really annoying.

Still finding issues on Prime that i never had on Mathcad previous version.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rdelascasas
6-Contributor
(To:RichardJ)

To all,

just in case that it will happen to you:

i called PTC technical support and the only thing i had to do was push the F9 key.

When you are doing some kind of calculation in Prime and the calculation did not go ok, Prime gives you a message that is saying that that operation cannot be completed unless you have a license (something like this). But when you re-run the calculation using F9, everything came back to normal.

hope this help.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:rdelascasas)

Are you changing network adapters? In particular, an you switching between a wired network and a wireless network?

rdelascasas
6-Contributor

Honestly, i do not know what you are asking, but i am using the same computer for the last year and half. Always using the same wireless network at my home.

nothing have changed in the last year and half.

thank you,

Rogelio

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Have you tried running the license wizard, and pointing it to the license file?

Mathcad looks at the license file, where it finds the ID of the primary network adapter. So unless you move the file or change the network adapter Mathcad should run as a fully licensed copy.

rdelascasas
6-Contributor

To all,

just in case that it will happen to you:

i called PTC technical support and the only thing i had to do was push the F9 key.

When you are doing some kind of calculation in Prime and the calculation did not go ok, Prime gives you a message that is saying that that operation cannot be completed unless you have a license (something like this). But when you re-run the calculation using F9, everything came back to normal.

hope this help.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

OK. Please mark your own answer as correct. It will help others find the solution.

rdelascasas
6-Contributor

Done!!

thanks for the advice

Top Tags