cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Mathcad prime on multiple devices

KJ_10637579
2-Guest

Mathcad prime on multiple devices

I recently purchased the mathcad prime program. I work on multiple different devices, all are owned and used by me. Is there a way to access my software license on multiple devices without paying more? I believe I have a  node locked license and not a server hosted license. If I am able to access the license, how do I set it up? Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:KJ_10637579)

Node locked means just that! The license is restricted to a single computer (node).

If all of your devices are on the same network, you can get a floating license, but that will cost more.

If you need portability (laptop computers off network) multiple node locked licenses are the most practical method.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:KJ_10637579)

Node locked means just that! The license is restricted to a single computer (node).

If all of your devices are on the same network, you can get a floating license, but that will cost more.

If you need portability (laptop computers off network) multiple node locked licenses are the most practical method.

"How to verify if a license is of a floating or a node-locked type for PTC products": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS250157

Top Tags