cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Mathcad15 File Will Not Open

coberg
6-Contributor

Mathcad15 File Will Not Open

Good Afternoon,

I created a design template for a steel diaphragm.  I completed the template yesterday and saved the file and restarted my computer. Upon trying to open the file this morning, the file will not open.  I do not get any error message when trying to open the file, rather the MathCAD splash screen pops up an then the program shuts down.  I cannot locate any backups or other versions of the file stored locally.  Is anyone able to help recover this file for me?  I am not sure how best to do this.  The file is attached.  Thank you in advance for any help with this!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:coberg)

I may have fixed the file, please see attachment.

I've replaced one region with a text. You can search for:

Offending region

to find where that happened. That is, if the file opens for you...

Success!

Luc

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Unfortunately I can only confirm that Mathcad crashes when trying to load the file. I don't know what the reason could be.
Looking in the file I noticed references to files on drive P: and also files on a onenote share. Are these accessible when you try to open the file?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

That's an impressive amount of work to loose.

You can still view most of it with my tool, in case you need to recreate it...

Success!
Luc

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

I may have fixed the file, please see attachment.

I've replaced one region with a text. You can search for:

Offending region

to find where that happened. That is, if the file opens for you...

Success!

Luc

Great work! I could open it in MC15 and so I guess the OP will be able to do so, too.

coberg
6-Contributor
(To:Werner_E)

Werner,

Yes I was able to open it!  Saved me a lot of time and rework.

Carl

coberg
6-Contributor
(To:LucMeekes)

Thank you! That did it! I appreciate the help! You saved me from having to rework the entire sheet!  I did luckily print it before it decided to not want to open, but I would have had to redo it all by hand. Thank you again for your help!

Top Tags