cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Merge 2 prime files or worksheets

jdesai-2
11-Garnet

Merge 2 prime files or worksheets

Hello,

Can you merge or join 2 mathcad prime files together and save it as one file? I don't want to use the copy and paste, I have different headers, footers etc, and copy/paste creates a mess.

6 REPLIES 6
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:jdesai-2)

I guess it may be doable, by messing around with the individual .xml files. But I'd expect, if..... you succeed in doing that, you may get a real merge, that is: equations on top of each other because they are on the same position of the sheet...

I suggest you use copy and paste to copy just the equations over. That's safer.

Success!

Luc

Thanks LucMeekes, is there an insert option available, like insert these pages from this file at this location in this file. (something similar to MS Word)

DJF
16-Pearl
16-Pearl

If you just want them to work together, you might consider the 'include' function.  

Otherwise I think you are stuck with copy-paste.  Not sure why your headers or footers makes a difference.  But copy paste can create a mess since it doesn't always create room for what you are pasting. Option 1 - manually add sufficient space on where you're going to paste.  Option 2 - I've found that keeping everything inside collapsable areas works well.  You can copy and paste the areas without issues.  (Although using areas tends to bring on other issues - fix your GUI PTC!!!)

jdesai-2
11-Garnet
(To:DJF)

where is this include function?

what does the big green exclamation mark mean?

DJF
16-Pearl
16-Pearl

Input/Output tab at the top.  I guess it is a feature, not a function.

Top Tags