cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

My integration is not converging

SP_10712958
1-Newbie

My integration is not converging

I am trying to solve this problem for integration however i am facing not convergence issue. Please help me out.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Hi,

There are unit inconsistencies in the equations.

Capture.JPG

Thanks a lot, do you mean that dimensionality is not same, although both are energies in the numerator and denominator. So i think same or something is wrong.

Thanks

Hi,

T is not defined in the worksheet.  Change the variable temp to T?

Capture2.JPG

But it still does not converge.

Cheers Terry

Thanks, Terry, as you said it does not still converge.

thanks 

Hi,

A term gives a larger than capacity number depending on expected value of Ek.

Capture3.JPGCapture4.jpg

Thanks, Terry, do you mean we need to define Ek accordingly so that it would converge or what?

Thanks

Hi,

I mean that from the limits of integration for Ek of 0 to 1000 the term gives a number too large for Prime so integration fails

Capture5.JPG

Some Remarks:

Your definition of E.k seems to be wrong as the result possibly should be Energy

Werner_E_0-1686661850158.png

But as you never used it it does not affect the integral

For the integral to work you must also apply correct units for the integration limits!. E.g. Joule for the inner one and Hz for the outer one.

If you then set T:=temp (T was interpreted as unit Tesla as it was not defined) and a MUCH lower upper limit for E.k (I used 10^-19 J instead of your 1000) you get a result

I was even able to "push up" the upper limit to as much as 1.137*10^-19 J  😉

Werner_E_1-1686662802907.png

Terry had already shown that large values for E.k exceed Primes size limit for numbers (the usual IEEE limit).

Top Tags