cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Natural circulation problem

mdoelger
1-Newbie

Natural circulation problem

Hello, Community.

I have a question connected with hydrodynamics and natural circulation.

As you know, in such systems water changes its state to steam and moving upwards the pipe without pumps.

You can see the photo of the system in my post.

The problem is in water tank(water is in normal condition) which is located higher.

There is a system of 140 tubes inside; it is not so easy to find an equation which will show where the steam(temperature is about 202 degrees,16 bars) becomes water during the process of condensation(i.e temperature distributions in pipes). Pipe pattern is not so important.

In addition, defining the preferences of water in downward pipe is complicated either.

If you have an experience with such problems (maybe even templates), I will appreciate your help.

Thank you for the attention!

20160321_004728.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

I have studied parts of this problem in the chapter 16

See please Study 16. Calculation of pressure losses in the tube

(superheated water moving in vert and horiz direction)

I have plan to sole some like your task.

PS

My Uni after the second war had on the Uni Power plant one boiler but not with natural circulation - with a pump. It was a boiler with little h from old German ship

Good evening, Valery!

Thank you very much for the answer! I will try to apply your files to the problem right now.

Top Tags