cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Need Help! General Solution to differential equation

engr_mkhalid
4-Participant

Need Help! General Solution to differential equation

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all doing great in your daily life. I need a little help in solving the differential equation as I m new to MathCAD prime. I m trying to get the solution stated in pdf in MathCAD prime but I m stuck at differentiating the equation. If anyone can help me out I will be really thankful. I m attaching pdf as well as MathCAD prime 8.00 file for reference.

PS: 

2.pdf shows the results i want to plot, 1 png is the case i want to solve and 2.png are the boundary conditions

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

What I am trying to achieve is that I want to differentiate twist angle equation 3 times.

Can be done this way

Werner_E_0-1682592332773.png

But I guess that you also will have to find out how k and phi.0 in the general solution for phi(x) correspond with your input values E,I,It, G and m. Is m actually a constant or should it rather be a function m(x)?

If m really is a constant, we can get k and phi0 in Prime 9 by comparing its solution with the general one in your text

Werner_E_0-1682593998487.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Not sure what you are trying to achieve.

AFAIK its not possible to solve ODEs symbolically in Prime 8

Here is what Prime 9 could come up with

Werner_E_0-1682590528182.png

Werner_E_2-1682590789070.png

Werner_E_1-1682590548222.png

Werner_E_3-1682590806018.png

engr_mkhalid
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

Thanks for the quick reply. What I am trying to achieve is that I want to differentiate twist angle equation 3 times. To form 3 different equation. After getting Mt and Mw equations I want to add them to form equation for total torsion I.E. Mx. 

after getting these equations, I want to use boundary conditions to plot the graphs as stated in 2.pdf.

What I am trying to achieve is that I want to differentiate twist angle equation 3 times.

Can be done this way

Werner_E_0-1682592332773.png

But I guess that you also will have to find out how k and phi.0 in the general solution for phi(x) correspond with your input values E,I,It, G and m. Is m actually a constant or should it rather be a function m(x)?

If m really is a constant, we can get k and phi0 in Prime 9 by comparing its solution with the general one in your text

Werner_E_0-1682593998487.png

engr_mkhalid
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

Thanks for the trick related to the use of apostrophe from operators menu. I m getting close to what I want. Now the thing is I have to form a total torsion equation as highlighted to the right in snap. But this is not what I m getting while adding the Mt and Mw equation.

Top Tags