cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Need VB API program that calculates Sequential Mathcad Prime 8 Worksheets

MW_5360621
4-Participant

Need VB API program that calculates Sequential Mathcad Prime 8 Worksheets

I have on average 30 to 40 large Mathcad Prime 8 worksheets that must sequentially open, calculate using input numbers from an ASCII text file, output an ASCII text file for input by the next worksheet, then save and close before the next worksheet is opened.  This is very labor intensive and I need to automate the process with a Visual Basic program.  It is critical that each worksheet recalculate while it is open, to deliver correct and updated results to the next worksheet.  I can get the attached example VB program to start Mathcad and open a single file, but I have not been successful in adding lines of VB code, that recalculate that worksheet after it is opened, and then save & close that worksheet with the changes, before opening the next worksheet - and doing it all again.  Help!  Obviously, I am not a programmer!

1 REPLY 1

Hi,

Can you supply the first two sheets of the 30 to 40 and the appropriate ascii.txt files to experiment with to give you a solution.

Cheers

Terry

Top Tags