cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

New computer specs to smoothly run prime 2.0?

dsochor
5-Regular Member

New computer specs to smoothly run prime 2.0?

Currently MathCAD 15 and MathCAD Prime 2.0 run slowly on both of my older computers. Prime 2.0 is especially bad, recalculating a page of equations after adjusting a variable takes about 10-20 seconds and when typing in a text box the characters displayed on the screen lag what is typed by 2-5 words. It is time for a laptop upgrade and I'd like to get the most bang for the buck. What base level of CPU/memory is adequate for 2.0 to run smoothly? I use 2.0 for structurally engineering which is mostly iterative equation solving with an occasional 2-D graph. Is it best to avoid CPUs that have integrated GPUs? Also, should I expect 2.0 to experience a performance reduction if run in parallels on a Mac vs. running on a PC?

7 REPLIES 7
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:dsochor)

Hello,

You can find hardware notes for Mathcad Prime 2.0 in the attachment.

Pic_1.png

Mathcad Prime 2.0 performs best on a Win 7 64-bit computer. You can take advantage of multi-threading if you have a new 4 processor dual-core system.

Mona

dsochor
5-Regular Member
(To:mzeftel)

Thank you Mona and Vladmir. Have either of you had any experience with MathCAD running on a MAC?

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Daniel Sochor wrote:

Thank you Mona and Vladmir. Have either of you had any experience with MathCAD running on a MAC?

I have a colleague who has managed to run Mathcad on MAC without any issues.

Mike

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Daniel Sochor wrote:

Thank you Mona and Vladmir.

You're welcome.

Daniel Sochor wrote:

Have either of you had any experience with MathCAD running on a MAC?

Please see this message (and the whole topic): http://communities.ptc.com/message/174009#174009

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:mzeftel)

That means we'll have to move to Win 7 though

Mike

Win 7 64-bit .

Top Tags