cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Numerical Integration with Mathcad Prime 7

Michael2
4-Participant

Numerical Integration with Mathcad Prime 7

Dear community,

Unfortunately, I have no experience with numerical integration. Now I am confronted with this problem (detailed description in mcdx). I hope that one of you can help me to solve the problem.
Many thanks

Michael

11 REPLIES 11

Hi 

I can show how to do the integrals but the J0 in the post has two parameters while j0 in Prime has only one parameter so do not understand the full syntax of the whole integral.

Cheers

Terry

The text seems to lack the usage of multiplication dots, so I guess that J0 is not supposed to be Bessel function with two arguments but rather the argument should be a product.

Numerical integration can't use infinity as integral limit. So you either have to use symbolical evaluation (with all its limitations) or use a large number as upper limit as Terry had shown.

Next problem is that z.a should be a scalar, but in the sheet its a vector!

Hi

Not sure if this is correct as no idea what is the x axis of the graph and have just taken the interval np.

It does show you how to proceed to get a working integral:

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Cheers

Terry

Hello Terry, Werner,

Sorry for my late response. But first I would like to thank you very much for your help. I was very pleased that you took the time to look into my problem.
Unfortunately, I've been very busy the last few days, so I haven't found the time to look into the matter more closely. I will get back to you in the next few days.
Many thanks and best regards
Michael

Michael2
4-Participant
(To:Michael2)

Hello Terry, Werner,

I have uploaded an updated version with some comments and additional content. Maybe you will find some time help me with my problem. In any case, thanks for all the help you have given so far.

Michael

Hi,

Also need the Excel file with the data

Cheers

Terry

in fact

Michael2
4-Participant
(To:Michael2)

Hello Terry,

Was the additional information helpful, or just confusing? 

Regards

Michael

Hi,

My license for Prime 9 has expired so currently only have Prime Express.

Prime Express does not give access to programming so most of your sheet cannot be calculated.

Don't get a new license for Prime likely until 10 is released.

Can't comment on the file, sorry

Cheers

Terry 

Hello Terry,

it's not that I think I'm entitled to have people deal with my problem. Nevertheless, I would be interested in your opinion. Why do you think so few people have responded to my post? Is the scope too complex, the problem uninteresting, did I go about it the wrong way? This was my first post to the comunity.

Thanks

Michael

Hi Michael,

The post has 462 views  so far which is a good number.   Posts either side of it for example have 79 and 269 views.

Respondents is a different matter.  It is usual to only get a few respondents (in this case two) until the problem is answered.  There is a small group of people most volunteers who actually answer most questions.  When necessary PTC staff members sometimes answer.

Cheers

Terry

Top Tags