cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Output Table Formating

ThomasFranklin
1-Newbie

Output Table Formating

I am using Mathcad 14.0
When I use a range variable, the output table lists all of the output in one column yet I am able to re-size the table for multiple columns.

How do I adjust the output to use the other columns and fewer lines. If there are a hundred lines I would like to reduce this to 25 lines and 4 columns

Please Help!

Thanks,

Tom Franklin
7 REPLIES 7

Hope this help.

Regards. Alvaro.

Alvaro,

I have looked at the file you sent. I don't really understand what all is being done here. It can be this involved to re-format the table.

I tried to duplicate what you did but when I tried to build the table it still came out with 100 rows and 1 column. When I tried a second time it would not even build the table but return a zero as the answer.

What I am doing is simple, I setup a range variable to be 1,2;100. I simply want it to build the table to 25 rows and 4 columns. I have done this before but I just can't remember how but it wasn't this involved. When you do this once a year it's hard to recall what you did. It is not explained in the help file or at least I can't find it if it is.
Again, I am using Mathcad 14.0.

Still looking for an answer.

Thanks,

Tom Franklin

On 12/10/2009 12:21:11 PM, franklinte wrote:

>What I am doing is simple, I
>setup a range variable to be
>1,2;100. I simply want it to
>build the table to 25 rows and
>4 columns.

What it is "the" table? If it is to show numbers from 1 to 100 in a table 25x4 there are a lot of ways; attached shows two.

Regards. Alvaro.

Alvaro,

I would have one more question.

How do you get the output table to start with row 1 and column 1. Mine always starts at 0,0.

Thanks,

Tom Franklin

I use ORIGIN = 1, default it's zero.

Regards. Alvaro.

On 12/10/2009 12:21:11 PM, franklinte wrote:
== I tried to duplicate what you did but when I
tried to build the table it still came out with
100 rows and 1 column. When I tried a second time
it would not even build the table but return a
zero as the answer.
== What I am doing is simple, I setup a range
variable to be 1,2;100. I simply want it to build
the table to 25 rows and 4 columns. I have done
this before but I just can't remember how but it
wasn't this involved. When you do this once a year
it's hard to recall what you did. It is not
explained in the help file or at least I can't
find it if it is.
== Again, I am using Mathcad 14.0.

Alvaro's function requires a vector as an input.

If you are evaluating a range variable, however,
you aren't really seeing a vector or array. You
are seeing a contiguous list of individual
evaluations - they do *not* form a data structure.

Ideally, you need to convert the range variable to
a vector. See attached.

Stuart

If a function has only one dependent output(calculated variable), it will output all the calculated values in the range in a single vector, that is the Mathcad structure and you will have this whether a range variable or as a disctretized set. This vector of values, you can pack in an array of any corresponding rows/cols as you wish. This little utility can be found in a work sheet posted many times in the collab, but some collab would have to direct you or repost. I can only read the collab at the momment and have no access to my work sheets.

jmG
Top Tags