cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Plot values on scale

FC_10037391
8-Gravel

Plot values on scale

I want to have the plot values on scale directly and not modify the scale within plot is it possible in 15?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OK, I see the problem but unfortunately because of a bug in Mathcads 3D component I can't offer a satisfying solution.

When you calculate Z and later plot it, all information about the original values X and Y is lost, so the best Mathcad can do is to use the matrix indices.

The usually preferred way is to plot a function. And using "CreateMesh" gives you better control than plotting the function directly.

Werner_E_0-1682613916365.png

But because the 3D plot is buggy (maybe it does not like large values for x and y ?) we see some nasty artefacts.

Actually on my screen it looks even worse:

Werner_E_1-1682614014169.png

I don't know how to fix this - maybe someone else has some ideas on this.

Maybe its just the installation on my machine, so try the attached file yourself.

I also tried to plot the function directly

Werner_E_2-1682614107676.png

Look good, but Mathcad had automatically chosen the default values for x and y running from -5 to 5.

We can change this in the "3-D Plot Format" menu

Werner_E_3-1682614212062.png

and when I do this, I see this

Werner_E_5-1682614269057.png

So give it a try yourself - maybe its just my graphics driver, graphics card, OS, ....?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@FC_10037391 wrote:

I want to have the plot values on scale directly and not modify the scale within plot is it possible in 15?

Please be more specific about what you would like to accomplish.

Actually I have no idea what you may be talking about.

I guess you want to change axis settings without going "into" the graph. See here a Mathcad 15 file.

I wanted to have scatter plot to show X and Y values that correspond to variable they represent and not indices. I am looking the type of values changes and not indices 

OK, I see the problem but unfortunately because of a bug in Mathcads 3D component I can't offer a satisfying solution.

When you calculate Z and later plot it, all information about the original values X and Y is lost, so the best Mathcad can do is to use the matrix indices.

The usually preferred way is to plot a function. And using "CreateMesh" gives you better control than plotting the function directly.

Werner_E_0-1682613916365.png

But because the 3D plot is buggy (maybe it does not like large values for x and y ?) we see some nasty artefacts.

Actually on my screen it looks even worse:

Werner_E_1-1682614014169.png

I don't know how to fix this - maybe someone else has some ideas on this.

Maybe its just the installation on my machine, so try the attached file yourself.

I also tried to plot the function directly

Werner_E_2-1682614107676.png

Look good, but Mathcad had automatically chosen the default values for x and y running from -5 to 5.

We can change this in the "3-D Plot Format" menu

Werner_E_3-1682614212062.png

and when I do this, I see this

Werner_E_5-1682614269057.png

So give it a try yourself - maybe its just my graphics driver, graphics card, OS, ....?

This looks great, thank you so much i think the higher value is causing the streak to pop out within plot it that so? Because when the values are lowered it does not seem to create that annoying line in plot 

So you say that its not just on my side but that you experience that bug as well?

Not sure what exactly causes it - it may be the high values and I noticed, too, that when the function values are divided by something like 10^4 the  bug does not show up.

Its sure a bug as it should work, but nobody will fix a bug in MC15 anymore 😞

Top Tags