cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Plotting Problem with Prime 2.0

JohnDoe
2-Guest

Plotting Problem with Prime 2.0

Dear community,

I am trying (but still failing) to plot a function in Mathcad prime 2.0. Please have a look at the attached file. My function consists of U1(x) for 0<x<a and U2(x) for a<x<b+a.

Can anyone help me please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AndyWesterman
4-Participant
(To:JohnDoe)

Select the graph, then under the plots tab add a trace to both the X & Y axis And add the extra function as attached...

Regards

Andy

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
AndyWesterman
4-Participant

One option , define a range for x (Mathcad 15 would do this implicitly in the graph for you).

Regards

Andy

Thank you.

Any idea how to combine both curves U1(x) and U2(x) in one diagram knowing that each function has its own range of x (see my original post).

AndyWesterman
4-Participant

Select the graph, then under the plots tab add a trace to both the X & Y axis And add the extra function as attached...

Regards

Andy

Anyone help me please plot these two functions (see attached file).

I'm still not comfortable with plotting under MP2.0

changed two typos (unit of I and index at abscissa variable)

according to a_k3: the values are complex. What do you want to show, real part or magnitude?

Thank you. I didn't realize that ak3 could have complex values.

Now you see there is blank space between the axes. I tried to shift the y-axis to the right but still coulddn't get rid of that blank space of the x-axis. Any remedy for that? Is it possible to delete the blank space to the right of the x-axis?

Another problem appears in the third page where I cleared the Ic0 because it should float now. However I see that the definition of S is lost as a result of this step. One solution is to manuall replace S with its definition (Ic0/Ut) in all subsequent equations. Is there a more elegant solution?

John Doe wrote:

... Is it possible to delete the blank space to the right of the x-axis?

I don't think so.

Another problem appears in the third page where I cleared the Ic0 because it should float now. However I see that the definition of S is lost as a result of this step. One solution is to manuall replace S with its definition (Ic0/Ut) in all subsequent equations. Is there a more elegant solution?

Make S a function of Ic0. i.e. S(Ic0):=Ico/UT. Then replace S by S(Ic0) in the following functions.

Alan

Have nothing substantial to add to Alans posting.

Just thought to remark that you don't need to clear a variable just because you use its name as formal parameter in a subsequent function definition. On the other side it does not hurt if you do.

Indeed!

What about axis intersection? I want the x-axis to begin from 10^-3 and not from 0 like the y-axis. Is this possible? (I want to delete that part of the x-axis left to the y-axis but could not do so).

John Doe schrieb:

Indeed!

What about axis intersection? I want the x-axis to begin from 10^-3 and not from 0 like the y-axis. Is this possible? (I want to delete that part of the x-axis left to the y-axis but could not do so).

The x-Axis seems to start at 10^-4, 0 would be too far to the left 😉 As Alan already wrote there seems to be no way to do so. With log scales you can type in the first and last value (with non log scales you can change the second value as well) but Mathcad will add an extra tick space at both ends (which at log scales is a full power 10 range) and it looks like you have to live with it.

You may type in 10^-2 as start value at the abscissa. But then your graphs are not plotted from 10^-3 to 10^-2. I guess the optical best result you are able to achieve is to move the ordinate to the right, as you already did.

Mathcads graphs are still far away from publication quality.

You should be able to drag the y-axis to where you want it, but you can't get rid of the part to the left of it as far as I can tell.

Alan

Top Tags