cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Plotting a function with multiple solutions in one trace

CD_9999850
5-Regular Member

Plotting a function with multiple solutions in one trace

Mathcad Prime 9

Hello,

I am trying to plot a function which has a matrix as one of its variables.  I want to plot the function as one trace so that when the matrix grows or shirks with length, I don't have to add or subtract plot traces.

I made a simple example of oxygen displacement in a room with a range of different asphyxiant gas (3x1 matrix) for a given room and ventilation rate.

I could display the result of all three curves by adding three traces and use the matrix index...but I want to avoid this manual step and automatic plot all the curves, let's say... when I modify the asphyxiant gas rate to be a 6x1 matrix or a 2x1 matrix. I think I've seen this done before, but don't recall where.

CD_9999850_1-1713279432621.png

CD_9999850_0-1713279408259.png

Thanks,

Regards, 

Colin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Here is one way to do it.

Its not a functional approach but rather plots a matrix over a time vector (waterfall plot)

Werner_E_0-1713282533482.png

Prime 9 file atached

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Here is one way to do it.

Its not a functional approach but rather plots a matrix over a time vector (waterfall plot)

Werner_E_0-1713282533482.png

Prime 9 file atached

CD_9999850
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

Ah this jogged my memory; I do recall the use of the transpose "T".

This solution worked as I requested....it worked for the example and for the actual engineering evaluation I'm working on today.

Thanks for the very quick, almost real time response Werner_E!  Come to think of it you helped with the first question I ever posted... I think sometime last year, you are an asset to the Mathcad community. 

-Colin

ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:CD_9999850)

image.pngimage.png

image.pngimage.png

Top Tags