cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Plotting error - NAN

IK_10956397
4-Participant

Plotting error - NAN

hi -

I'm trying to plot a function but I get an error.

Not sure how to construct this properly.

Any help is very welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Great thanks that looks good now . I think I get the straight line plot if I use a log scale. I'll give that a go.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

So I did two things to get this to plot. This still doesn't match the image at the top, but at least you don't have error messages anymore, so it's back to you and your domain knowledge.

One, when you make A a function A(b', t), you need to use that full function definition every time. In your plots and in Crip(E,b',t)'s definition, you just called it "A" instead of A(b', t).

Two, I got rid of the square brackets around Crip(E,b',t)'s definition. Square brackets aren't used for parenthesis in Mathcad but will turn things into matrices (or in this case, nested matrices, which the plot doesn't like). Instead in Mathcad, just keep using even more parenthesis.

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.
IK_10956397
4-Participant
(To:DJNewman)

ok thanks very much - appreciate your advice - I'll give that a go👍

Great thanks that looks good now . I think I get the straight line plot if I use a log scale. I'll give that a go.

ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:IK_10956397)

You can find Grid function of log plot in this SNS.

image.png

image.png

Top Tags