cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Plotting failed error

fahmed-2
12-Amethyst

Plotting failed error

Hello All,

I have generated a mathcad worksheet that can find bearing capacity of a soil based on a given footing size. Now, I am attempting to find the bearing capacity based on random footing size and for a given settlement but I am seeing a plotting failed error. Please help. My version Prime 7.0

fahmed2_0-1689014760673.png

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately I can't convert Prime 9 sheets to Prime 7.

Don't understand which problem you encounter!?

Simply type Deltaq(4m,25mm)= and follow the error trace to the first position and add the argument (B.f).

Go back to the Deltaq expression - there still is an error and so you use the error tracing again.

After the third time you will be rewarded.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:fahmed-2)

What is the result when you evaluate your function as

Delta_g(2 m, 25 mm)=

?

Success!

Luc

fahmed-2
12-Amethyst
(To:LucMeekes)

right now, I am just trying to justify the shape of the curve. If the shape looks as expected, then I am going to check the values

When you define a new function, you should test it if it works OK before you go ahead and write pages of code which uses this function.

E.g. you are using a function name as if it were a variable - you forgot to apply the function argument:

Werner_E_0-1689019718577.png

This is just one example - there are more similar mistakes in your sheet, though.

Try to evaluate a function for some specific values and if it fails, use the error tracing from the calculation ribbon to find the offending position

Werner_E_1-1689019889511.png

EDIT: In total you have to fix the very same error three times until you see this:

Werner_E_0-1689020415268.png

I smaller step width than the 0.3 m you used gives a better curve, but it takes quite long to calculate. Haven't looked why the calcs are so time consuming.

Werner_E_1-1689020739381.png

fahmed-2
12-Amethyst
(To:Werner_E)

I am unable to track the errors. can you please share the worksheet in version 7

Unfortunately I can't convert Prime 9 sheets to Prime 7.

Don't understand which problem you encounter!?

Simply type Deltaq(4m,25mm)= and follow the error trace to the first position and add the argument (B.f).

Go back to the Deltaq expression - there still is an error and so you use the error tracing again.

After the third time you will be rewarded.

fahmed-2
12-Amethyst
(To:Werner_E)

got my reward!!! Thank you

Top Tags