cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Plotting graph using excel data in Mathcad 15 M050

MD_7971553
4-Participant

Plotting graph using excel data in Mathcad 15 M050

hello, I would like some help with: I inserted the text file, but I don't have a graphic.
thank you very much in advance

Translated by the Community Moderation using Google Translate
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bonjour, je souhaite obtenir de l'aide concernant : J'ai inséré le fichier texte, mais je n'ai pas de graphique.
Merci beaucoup d'avance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The "values" of your imported data actually are not numbers but rather text strings (you can tell by the quotes around them). Thats the reason why your plot attempt fails.

Can you post the Mathcad sheet and the excel file for examination?

EDIT: Ahh, I see that Terry has beaten me for four minutes 😉

Actually the header strings would not result in an error in a 2D plot, they simply would be ignored.

The error occurs because all "data" are strings.
Nonetheless, I would consider it good habit to get rid of the columns labels and just work with the pure numerical data.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi

The headers to the data in row 0 cannot be plotted.  Adjust the properties of the data input to start from second row.

The numbers in Z10 are actually text indicated by double quotes.

Upload you xmcd file and the data file so input can be corrected for you.

Les en-têtes des données de la ligne 0 ne peuvent pas être tracés. Ajustez les propriétés de l'entrée de données pour commencer à partir de la deuxième ligne.

Les chiffres dans Z10 sont en fait du texte indiqué par des guillemets doubles.

Téléchargez votre fichier xmcd et le fichier de données afin que la saisie puisse être corrigée pour vous.

Cheers

Terry

The "values" of your imported data actually are not numbers but rather text strings (you can tell by the quotes around them). Thats the reason why your plot attempt fails.

Can you post the Mathcad sheet and the excel file for examination?

EDIT: Ahh, I see that Terry has beaten me for four minutes 😉

Actually the header strings would not result in an error in a 2D plot, they simply would be ignored.

The error occurs because all "data" are strings.
Nonetheless, I would consider it good habit to get rid of the columns labels and just work with the pure numerical data.

MD_7971553
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

Thanks to your help the problem solved, thank you very much

Top Tags