cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

tietjee
14-Alexandrite

Prime

I was doing some reseach on what happen to the ComputerVision CAD program. It appears CV bought the CAD program Prime Madusa. CV was in turn purchased by PTC. Maybe that is why MathCAD has been renamed Prime.

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:tietjee)

David Tietje wrote:

Norm, You are newbie. My daughter was born the year I first tried Prime. She is now 30. I am now using SolidWorks.

Thumbs up for Solidworks

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
nas0k
7-Bedrock

Prime Medusa! Wow! That brings back memories. That was my 1st CAD package back in the early 90's. It was a 2D CAD program that wasn't parametric. Lacked the functionality of Pro-E at that time, kinda like Prime lacks the functionality of MC15.

Norm

ELSID
4-Participant

Not entirely true

2002 – CAD Schroer (a German company) buys Medusa from PTC

http://www.3dcadworld.com/medusa4-personal-free-2d-cad-software/

tietjee
14-Alexandrite

El Sid, Thanks for the correction.

Norm, You are newbie. My daughter was born the year I first tried Prime. She is now 30. I am now using SolidWorks.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

David Tietje wrote:

Thumbs up for Solidworks

Hello Mike, I agree with your thumbs up. I've been using SolidWorks since 2000. It is a great tool. As we all are hoping the Prime updates, upgrades, ...what ever, bring MathCad back to the thumbs up category.

Norm

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:nas0k)

Hi Norm, It is a great tool. I used in University around ten years ago and only recently started again and I am really enjoying the experience.

Norm Schutzkus wrote:

As we all are hoping the Prime updates, upgrades, ...what ever, bring MathCad back to the thumbs up category.

Norm

We live in hope.

Top Tags