cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Programming in Mathcad

ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV

Programming in Mathcad

I would like to see your opinions on my article

"A worksheet of the engineering calculator as a structured flowchart"

http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/ochkov/Mathcad_14/MathcadWorkSheetAsFlowChartEng.pdf

See the attach too!

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

I like the idea of getting away from the current programming line, which I've always thought was ugly and cumbersome.  However, I don't like the idea of replacing it with all those boxes, which I find even uglier and more difficult to assimilate at a glance than a linear structure.

Alan

I too am not a fan of the new boxed look.  Maybe a structure like the solve Block ("While/If/For" instead of "Given",  "Return/Then/Next" instead of "Find.") Right now, though, most of this can be accomplished in current Mathcad, just not elegantly.  Not sure the change is worthwhile.

Alan/Fred,

On a scale of 1-5 stars, how would you rate Valery's approach? Use the "My Rating" by hover over the number of stars and click.

-Dan

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ValeryOchkov)

To be honest, I quite like the programming structure Mathcad currently has. I can't say I like the look of using all those boxes. My calculations wouldn't go down to well with a few of them inside. Having said that, I'm not keen on the Mathcad Prime layout either, The double lines look poor and the general format doesn't look as professional as the current Mathcad programming structure.

Mike

Top Tags