cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Query with combo box

SP_9781969
7-Bedrock

Query with combo box

Is it possible to add information from the excel sheet in combo box? Also, is it possible to address a certain row within combo box from matrix or a specified table in the worksheet

2 REPLIES 2
JeffH1
14-Alexandrite
(To:SP_9781969)

No on both counts.  Sorry.  See rants here.

I am trying to create multiple combo boxes in a form that once a value is selected, the next combo box updates and only shows related data to select from. I have that working with each combo box referencing the values and proper index number for this to be possible. My issue is of the three updatable combo boxes, once I enter the data into the table, after I created the new record, the first field that gets its data from the first com box always enters the index id value and not the word. So, if, for example, I was using the value "1" with the word "Auto", I have the combo box set properly to show the word "Auto" but after submitting the changes into the table, the field that the value goes into shows a "1."

Top Tags