cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Rounding up a calculated number in Mathcad Prime 7.0

wbelden
3-Visitor

Rounding up a calculated number in Mathcad Prime 7.0

The number I am calculating is in psi and I  want to round up to the nearest 50 psi, how do I accomplish this in mathcad prime 7.0?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DJNewman
17-Peridot
(To:wbelden)

This ask inspired me to publish our "Truncation and Rounding" video ahead of schedule on the Mathcad YouTube channel:

Hope this helps and is informative as well!

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.

View solution in original post

In PTC Mathcad Prime you can display out to 15 decimal places. This is helpful to show precision of engineering values and calculations. Often we want to round our values up or down but not always to a certain decimal place. For example, for manufacturing purposes we might want to round a length ...
3 REPLIES 3
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

@wbelden wrote:

The number I am calculating is in psi and I  want to round up to the nearest 50 psi, how do I accomplish this in mathcad prime 7.0?

Use the rounding and truncation function Ceil (not ceil).  I've used 25 psi in the example below.

StuartBruff_0-1643839452011.png

https://support.ptc.com/help/mathcad/r7.0/en/index.html#page/PTC_Mathcad_Help%2Ftruncation_and_rounding_functions.html%23

Stuart

thanks stuart, very helpful

DJNewman
17-Peridot

This ask inspired me to publish our "Truncation and Rounding" video ahead of schedule on the Mathcad YouTube channel:

Hope this helps and is informative as well!

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.
In PTC Mathcad Prime you can display out to 15 decimal places. This is helpful to show precision of engineering values and calculations. Often we want to round our values up or down but not always to a certain decimal place. For example, for manufacturing purposes we might want to round a length ...
Top Tags