cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Solve an equation

JA_9802927
4-Participant

Solve an equation

Hi, 

I need to solve this equation. I tried the solve function to solve it, but it does not work. I managed to solve it with wolfram,  please see the pictures below. 

JA_9802927_0-1644362072729.png

JA_9802927_1-1644362168110.png

Is there a way I can solve this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As ttokoro already wrote the reason your attempt is failing is Primes auto-label "feature". Its quite often a PITA, especially when you are using symbolic calculations. In the attached file you find the corrected version - manually all occurencies of U.0 are labeled the same - either all "-" (meaning "automatic") or all "variable".

But as you are just looking for a numeric result, I would suggest not using the symbolic engine at all!
Prime provides two numeric means to solve an equation numerically - either use  a solve block or use the "root" command. The solve block takes up more space and looks ugly in Prime but its good if you have additional constraints. In your case I would suggest using the "root" command.
Furthermore you should use units throughout - thats one of the strengths of Mathcad!

More details in the attached sheet

Werner_E_0-1644372345018.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:JA_9802927)

ttokoro_0-1644364262182.png

Change all Uo lavel to variable.

As ttokoro already wrote the reason your attempt is failing is Primes auto-label "feature". Its quite often a PITA, especially when you are using symbolic calculations. In the attached file you find the corrected version - manually all occurencies of U.0 are labeled the same - either all "-" (meaning "automatic") or all "variable".

But as you are just looking for a numeric result, I would suggest not using the symbolic engine at all!
Prime provides two numeric means to solve an equation numerically - either use  a solve block or use the "root" command. The solve block takes up more space and looks ugly in Prime but its good if you have additional constraints. In your case I would suggest using the "root" command.
Furthermore you should use units throughout - thats one of the strengths of Mathcad!

More details in the attached sheet

Werner_E_0-1644372345018.png

Top Tags