cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Solve block with units

wbell
8-Gravel

Solve block with units

I am trying to solve a simple expression using a solve block with units.  By inspection, all the units are consistent and the solver should work, but I get a message "These units are not compatible".  Any assistance in getting the syntax/format correct would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

The equation has L^2 as the numerator multiplied by n  of F/L^2 gives F,  and includes  L as the denominator giving F/L.

Capture.JPG.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

It is not necessary to use a solve block and without a solve block you can see the units resulting from the equation.

Capture.JPG

Cheers

Terry

Thank you Terry.  I am still confused about the syntax because the units in the equation should result in a force (lbf).  F/L^2 x L^2 = F  Do you know why Mathcad requires adding 1/L to solve the equation solution?

Hi,

The equation has L^2 as the numerator multiplied by n  of F/L^2 gives F,  and includes  L as the denominator giving F/L.

Capture.JPG.

Thank you for the correction - the units are correctly carried through as you noted.

Top Tags