cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Solving Equation

PF_10766418
3-Visitor

Solving Equation

Hello everyone,

I encountered problem in solving the equation which is in format of >=.

I wrote the equation but there are two problems:

1. the equation in format >= doesn't give straightly answer for the result of deltaP. (attached in the picture)

2. there are issues with the units as the software doesn't generates units automatically which assuming it's related to the first issue mentioned in 1 as it's not giving direct answer for delta P.

Please kindly advise to resolve this I attached the Xps file of this in this context.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

Upload your worksheet...

Hey, I have attached two files in initial question.

Hi,

1) This expression is a comparison expression it results in 0 for false and anything else (usually 1) for true.  It does not give a value for DeltaP.

2) Apply kg to mass "m" and get units.

Capture.JPG

Cheers

Terry

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:PF_10766418)

In general you should attach the Prime worksheet ( the .mcdx file ), not only a picture.

The >= operator is a Boolean operator, not an evaluation operator, so by itself it does not 'produce an answer' . You could put an = at the end of that expression to find out that deltaP is undefined. If you then move the expression below the last one on the sheet, it will tell you how the value of deltaP compares to the expression involving h and deltaX, with either 1 (True) or 0 (false).

Success!

Luc

Top Tags