cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Supress units in equation

Stepan_M
1-Newbie

Supress units in equation

Hello guys,

I am new to Mathcad, learning and calculating my masters thesis and recently came to a problem.

There are some formulas in my work (timber structural engineering), which were evaluated by an experiment and units in formula - result are not the same.

My question is, if I can supress Mathcad base unit system and force to calculate just with numbers as on calculator?

Here is a screenshot with my problem, I understand the program does not know what to do with the exponent of "d", just would like to know, if there is a way to go around this.

SM_9293638_1-1639862958031.png

I tried to add constants to the formula to make the wierd 1/m^(13/10) disappear, but with no result.

Could someone give me a hint?

Thank you for help

Best regards

Stepan Mudrak

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OK, found the solution, sorry for spam, I was just desperately stupid. Just in case anyone needs this: You have to divide the variables with their units, then set the whole formula in the desired units by adding the units into the formula.

Stepan_M_0-1639864566244.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

OK, found the solution, sorry for spam, I was just desperately stupid. Just in case anyone needs this: You have to divide the variables with their units, then set the whole formula in the desired units by adding the units into the formula.

Stepan_M_0-1639864566244.png

Top Tags