cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Symbolic Variable

SPRstructur
15-Moonstone

Symbolic Variable

Dear all

I got stuck in print report. because there are many variables in my symbolic equation so it cant be fit to my paper A4. 

for example
if I assign : SPRstructur_1-1701395730448.png

then Shear_Part(T)=..........

is it possible? 

or do you have any method?

*File attached

SPRstructur_0-1701395459261.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The preferred method may be to split the calculation into a couple of independent smaller functions with less arguments each, if possible. Maybe using the result of one function as input for the next one. I did not take the time to look in your calculations in detail, though.

One way to achieve what you are asking for is to put all 19 parameters in one vector which is then the only argument of the function and can be expanded to meaningful variable names in the function at the top.  Doing so can, in combination with choosing a smaller font and narrower margins fit the function within the width of an A4 page.

Werner_E_0-1701401089442.png

Note that I partially collapsed the vector in the function. You may choose to expand it to its full height or rather collapse it even more.

Because of the length of the function you will still experience nasty page breaks within the function code. You will have to experiment with the vertical position of the function to minimize these undesired effects. One additional argument for trying to split the calculations in a couple of functions, if possible.

Werner_E_1-1701401300413.png

When you have defined the 19 input values to its variables you create a vector and use it when you call the function

Werner_E_2-1701401578940.png

Prime 9 sheet attached

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

The preferred method may be to split the calculation into a couple of independent smaller functions with less arguments each, if possible. Maybe using the result of one function as input for the next one. I did not take the time to look in your calculations in detail, though.

One way to achieve what you are asking for is to put all 19 parameters in one vector which is then the only argument of the function and can be expanded to meaningful variable names in the function at the top.  Doing so can, in combination with choosing a smaller font and narrower margins fit the function within the width of an A4 page.

Werner_E_0-1701401089442.png

Note that I partially collapsed the vector in the function. You may choose to expand it to its full height or rather collapse it even more.

Because of the length of the function you will still experience nasty page breaks within the function code. You will have to experiment with the vertical position of the function to minimize these undesired effects. One additional argument for trying to split the calculations in a couple of functions, if possible.

Werner_E_1-1701401300413.png

When you have defined the 19 input values to its variables you create a vector and use it when you call the function

Werner_E_2-1701401578940.png

Prime 9 sheet attached

SPRstructur
15-Moonstone
(To:Werner_E)

@Werner_E 

thank your sir

Top Tags