cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Symbolic partial differentiation using Mathcad Prime 2.0

ptc-4766311
1-Newbie

Symbolic partial differentiation using Mathcad Prime 2.0

How do I accomplish the simple task of partial differentiation using Prime 2.0. While Mathcad does provide for diffentiation of an expression in its Calculus

symbolic template. Nothing seems to show the partial differentiation symbol? This is tragic! Maybe this symbology was provided on earlier versions of Mathcad not supported by PTC!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Fred Kohlhepp wrote:

If you right-click over the operator you get a pop-up menu to allow the choice, just like you can change the multiplication symbol and the equals symbol.

You must

1 input the deriv operator

2 change it into partial

3 input -> operator

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Partial differential is available in 15 and 14.

One more item for this poll

http://communities.ptc.com/polls/1134

Mathcad 15 (at least what I downloaded on a trail basis) doesn't have a partial differentiation operator either

Sorry, Mathcad 15 has a partial differentiation operator:

PaDiv.png

If you right-click over the operator you get a pop-up menu to allow the choice, just like you can change the multiplication symbol and the equals symbol.

Fred Kohlhepp wrote:

You must

1 input the deriv operator

2 change it into partial

3 input -> operator

Thanks Valery. Maybe PTC will send a patch for Prime 2.0.But I won't hold my breath waiting for it 🙂

Top Tags