cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Symbolic solution by using "Find" in Mathcad Prime 2.0

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Symbolic solution by using "Find" in Mathcad Prime 2.0

Symbolic solution of system of equations by using a keyword "Find" doesn't work correctly in Mathcad Prime 2.0 F000 (see example in the attachment). But in Mathcad 15 M010 all works fine. Another bug ?

In Mathcad 15 M010:

Pic_MC15.png

In Mathcad Prime 2.0:

Pic_MP2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Symbolic find has not yet been implemented in Mathcad Prime. We implemented nearly all of symbolics, but this feature did not fit in the scheduled for Mathcad Prime 2.0.

When you convert a worksheet from Mathcad 15 or earlier, then open the file, you see the saved results. Once you recalculate, the results update to the Mathcad Prime results.

Mona

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

PTC (Mona) knows it!

strangely, from a conversion it will work, but it is very fragile.

Regards

Andy

Yes. The answer is lost after recalculating the worksheet.

We needed Find()-> only in Mathcad 5 (6?) with menu comands of symbolic math but without symbolics commands. For symbolic solution of sysmems of alg.equations.

Now we can use the Solve command in Mathcad 15 and Prime!

Symbolic find has not yet been implemented in Mathcad Prime. We implemented nearly all of symbolics, but this feature did not fit in the scheduled for Mathcad Prime 2.0.

When you convert a worksheet from Mathcad 15 or earlier, then open the file, you see the saved results. Once you recalculate, the results update to the Mathcad Prime results.

Mona

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:mzeftel)

Thank you for the answer.

Hello everyone, I'm new to mathcad and Im using the prime 3 version. Reading this and looking for in internet I haven´t been able to find how to solve system of equations with end value condition.

What I'm trying to do is to solve g ' ' (x):=M with M:=P2*x-P3 for g ' (x=0) := 0, g ' (x=L) := 0, g (x=0) := 1, and g (x=L) := 0.

I already tried with solve block and with replace like doing it step by step almost by hand but, is there an eassier way?

I attach a sheet with averything I have tried

thanks.

JAC

Please don't crosspost (http://communities.ptc.com/message/237701#237701) and open up your own thread with your question!

Top Tags