cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Tables and plots.

PhilipLeitch
1-Newbie

Tables and plots.

Anyone found out how to visually re-size tables yet?

If I copy and paste some columns/rows from Excel it pastes into Mathcad nicely as a table. But if I do a couple of thousand rows it goes way off the end of the page, and there seems no way to reduce the size.

Okay - I can use the "ReadExcel" and that works - but this is data I'm trying to present - not just data I am processing.

Also - has anyone else noticed that regions seem to get their info clipped out?

Finaly - I just found out something in plots that might be obvious to most (but not me). I have to Y traces, a function and a set of values. I want the function to use quite small steps of X, but the values to be spaced evenly (as per their array entries - 0,1,2,3, etc.).

I was able to "Add Trace" to add the second plot data line to the Y axis, but what I didn't realise is that I had to also "Add Trace" to the X axis in order to introduce the seperate x data.

Also - I've played around with plots and although you can't "hide" the attributes, you can move them so it appears that the X variables are on the Y axes and Y variables are on the X axis (attached). Not so much of a bug though...

But what it points out is that there could easily be another "location" that the data could be located that could be "hidden".

But there is still one large concern I have. I don't print much out of Mathcad, instead I take it to Word/Excel. Has anyone worked out how to copy stuff out of MathCad... other than in this format (which is still useful in itself):

(:= (@FUNCTION (@LABEL VARIABLE P) (@ARGS (@LABEL VARIABLE n))) (@APPLY log (@ARGS (+ 1 (/ 1 n)))))

If you haven't tried it already - get that text and paste it in to Mathcad Prime.

Philip