cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Unit conversion question for a new user

Threshold
1-Newbie

Unit conversion question for a new user

This is my first term using mathcad and as an introduction to it, my professor has us doing some basic work to fimilarize us with the application. I am slightly stuck though. I have the question worked out, but for part of the homework we have to calculate gas consumption for 150mil americans, daily, monthly, yearly and 10years. I have my equations set up, but I cant seem to get my end results for the monthly portion to display a solution in terms of months. I can only get days, and years. Is there a way to fix this that I am overlooking?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

See, if the attached helps

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Attaching your worksheet using the advanced editor (see the upper right-hand area of the normal editor) will help people see what you are doing. I strongly suggest you do this.

You can use an user defined unit of time:

month.png

I've discovered the units and such. But I was trying to find a way to specify something other then just days and years.

Lets see if this works. I also think I found a workaround. But it is example 8.11 and the worksheet is a slight mess as I havent taken the time to clean it up completely. But Under solution I would like to find a way to make it display 32.877 mi/day 4.932 x 10^9 mi/day 7.397 x 10^9 gal/month etc. . .

See, if the attached helps

Thank you for the help

Greg Harris schrieb:

Thank you for the help

You're welcome!

According the question you deleted later I assume you found out yourself that you have to provide time units for the range variable t

t:=0s,0.5s..10s

BTW, its better to use the literal subscript for variable v0 (v.0) as you dont want to create a vector v.

Yeah. after much thinking and googling I came across both those issues. That and just a few moments ago my instructor finally e-mailed me how to fix the issue too. Was just getting in a panic beause I didnt revceive a response yet and well, its due in less the 24 hours. . .

Top Tags