cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Units in Combo Box - dimensionless elements get units

ksk_10594232
9-Granite

Units in Combo Box - dimensionless elements get units

Hi all

Has anyone encountered this before?

In my Combobox, dimensionless inputs get units. You see the problem below. I'm thankful for any advise how to get rid of the problem 🙂

ksk_10594232_1-1682056030591.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

What you have found is a bug in Prime.  It is reproducable.

Workaround is like this:  Don't define units in the combo box but in a vector that can be applied.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Cheers

Terry

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi,

What you have found is a bug in Prime.  It is reproducable.

Workaround is like this:  Don't define units in the combo box but in a vector that can be applied.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Cheers

Terry

Thank you so much! 🙂

Solved in Prime 9 - no problem for me.

kudos

Owe

o.svahn
9-Granite
(To:o.svahn)

Correction - mea culpa - I was vrong - its a bug !!

kudos 

Owe

A more convenient workaround for this bug is IMHO to just use a pseudo unit like "rad" (which actually equals to 1) in the unit placeholder for the unit-less quantities.

If you don't like to see "rad" written when you edit the combo box (you would only see it there), you may also define a custom unit "unitless:=1" in front and use this instead of "rad".

Werner_E_0-1682074834461.png

BTW, other bugs in the combo box (apart from its inability to use combined units like m/s or N*m) are, that we are not allowed to insert the units via the unit drop down menu and that inserting Greek characters does not work using Ctrl-g.

So it gets quite cumbersome to insert units like Δ°C or kΩ. It can be done using copy and paste, though and given the implementation quality of the rest of the combo boxes I actually was surprised that units like °C (which are not simple factors but functions) actually seem to work correct once you succeed inserting them into the place holders.

OK, don't let us make it more complicated than it actually is 😉

No need to use "rad" or a custom unit. A simple "1" in the unit place holder (it gets labelled as unit automatically) is all that's needed to force even zero values to be unit less

Werner_E_0-1682076759614.png

Thanks for all great replies! 😀

Top Tags