cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Usage between Mathcad prime and mathcad express?

Sweiler
13-Aquamarine

Usage between Mathcad prime and mathcad express?

Quite a lot of our work can essentially be done with the free/express license of MathCAD.

1. Can we, with Express versions, view and partially-manipulate workbooks created with Prime versions?
  1. If I, in Prime, create a solve block in a workbook, can someone in Express open that sheet and change the input variables?
    1. Can users switch b/w Prime and Express versions easily?
  1. Ideally, carrying on the same use-case, if I’m manipulating a workbook from express version but see I want to make a change by using a Prime-only feature, can I click a button to grab the license and unlock the Prime functions?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Sweiler)

Point by point:
1, Yes, but as soon as a recalculation that involves a 'premium' feature is required, you will get a red.
1. Yes, but see point 1 above.
1. You can have different versions of Prime side by side on the same computer. That includes Express. But I don't think you can have Prime 5 and Prime 5 Express on the same computer. ( unless multi-boot).
IF....you own a license it is easy to switch from Express to full Prime. To switch back would probably require reinstall or you'd Have to invalidate the license file.
1. See point 1 above.

Success!
Luc

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Sweiler)

Point by point:
1, Yes, but as soon as a recalculation that involves a 'premium' feature is required, you will get a red.
1. Yes, but see point 1 above.
1. You can have different versions of Prime side by side on the same computer. That includes Express. But I don't think you can have Prime 5 and Prime 5 Express on the same computer. ( unless multi-boot).
IF....you own a license it is easy to switch from Express to full Prime. To switch back would probably require reinstall or you'd Have to invalidate the license file.
1. See point 1 above.

Success!
Luc
Top Tags