cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

User Interface slow?

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

User Interface slow?

The User Interfaces seems awfully slow compared to the variants of Mathcad, esp M11.

Anybody else experiencing this?

Stuart
7 REPLIES 7

On 8/14/2009 11:34:36 AM, stuartafbruff wrote:
>The User Interfaces seems
>awfully slow compared to the
>variants of Mathcad, esp M11.
>
>Anybody else experiencing
>this?
>
>Stuart

Yep, based on my normal template, it runs about 15 times slower than M11

TTFN,
Eden

What about startup? I mean, I've never accused Mathcad of starting up too quickly, but I thought it took a VERY long time to get Prime going.

Thanks,
Preston

When you say the user interface is slow, can you provide some more details on this. Exactly what are you doing that is slow. Include your system information. You can send this information to -

Thanks,

Mona
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:mzeftel)

On 8/14/2009 4:26:54 PM, MonaZ wrote:
== When you say the user interface is slow, can you provide some more details on this. Exactly what are you doing that is slow. Include your system information. You can send this information to -

It can take several seconds after clicking on the worksheet before the blue cursor appears

It can take several seconds before the characters I type appear.

Stuart

There's a noticeable delay (~a second or two) between moving a region with the mouse and it actually moving.

stv

I found that pressing the "All Functions" drop down showed all the function names very lightly, then over the course of 10-15 seconds showed the entire thing.

It goes quicker now, but still takes a lag - the "fade in" effect just takes too long.

Philip

Attached file can be used to plot 10, 100 or 1,000 points by changing kmax. Plotting 1,000 or 10,000 points slows things down considerably. Used to be able to hit escape key to halt a calculation, but that feature is not working. In Mathcad I could plot 490,000 points in this graph.

Paul
Top Tags