cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Using the same equation for several inputs

YA_10963798
7-Bedrock

Using the same equation for several inputs

I have six tests and I have done the calculation for one test I need to do the same calculation for the remaining five tests and I don't want to copy paste the calculation, I want to use the same sheet for all the tests with enabling all the functions and calculation to change according to the input values ( general calculation). For example, I want to use the same program for all the CPTS

Can you help with that 🙂 

The sheets are attached 

YA_10963798_0-1711474512046.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Like, a real worksheet or a proof of concept?

I assume you're referring to the "Inputs for functions and programs. Often when performing calculations, we want to limit inputs for functions and programs to pre-defined values, which subsequent users of the worksheet may be unaware of. For example, engines may be available in specific settings for volumetric displacement, number of cylinders, or speed (revolutions per minute). Financial worksheets might have a limited number of interest rates or periods." from the blog article.

If you're fine with a proof of concept that I just made up right now, it might look something like the attached. Pretend what's in the protected area is some very important program and/or function that you don't want your readers to mess with, and the values of the combo boxes are important to your mission. You can use the combo boxes, which have those preset values you've set up, as a configuration management tool at that point.

That's actually what real Mathcad customers do, now that I think about it, like Haley Barnes from SRAM. (That links to a case study presentation.) She uses Mathcad "template models" with dimension inputs / dimension outputs (she connects it to PTC Creo, a 3D CAD program) for bike forks/crowns. She doesn't quite show the programs / functions to the audience because I'm pretty sure they're hidden in the collapsible areas, and I don't have her worksheet because of it being highly proprietary, but she does use the combo box values to change dimensions on her model and she does some kind of checks with those values within Mathcad to make sure they're within specification.

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ppal
17-Peridot
(To:YA_10963798)

Would Four Uses for Combo Boxes | PTC | Mathcad  do what you are after?

do you have any example of combo box for functions and programming?

thanks in advance

Like, a real worksheet or a proof of concept?

I assume you're referring to the "Inputs for functions and programs. Often when performing calculations, we want to limit inputs for functions and programs to pre-defined values, which subsequent users of the worksheet may be unaware of. For example, engines may be available in specific settings for volumetric displacement, number of cylinders, or speed (revolutions per minute). Financial worksheets might have a limited number of interest rates or periods." from the blog article.

If you're fine with a proof of concept that I just made up right now, it might look something like the attached. Pretend what's in the protected area is some very important program and/or function that you don't want your readers to mess with, and the values of the combo boxes are important to your mission. You can use the combo boxes, which have those preset values you've set up, as a configuration management tool at that point.

That's actually what real Mathcad customers do, now that I think about it, like Haley Barnes from SRAM. (That links to a case study presentation.) She uses Mathcad "template models" with dimension inputs / dimension outputs (she connects it to PTC Creo, a 3D CAD program) for bike forks/crowns. She doesn't quite show the programs / functions to the audience because I'm pretty sure they're hidden in the collapsible areas, and I don't have her worksheet because of it being highly proprietary, but she does use the combo box values to change dimensions on her model and she does some kind of checks with those values within Mathcad to make sure they're within specification.

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.
ppal
17-Peridot
(To:YA_10963798)

It looks like you have some responses from some community members. If any of these replies helped you solve your question please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.
Regards,
Andra
Top Tags