cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

When Will Mathcad Be Fully Integrated With MS Office Word?

ptc-4486800
1-Newbie

When Will Mathcad Be Fully Integrated With MS Office Word?

Hi everyone,

I'm sure everyone dream about times when we can use Mathcad fully integrated with MS Office Word.

I mean like MS Excel and MS Word, copy a table from excel and pasting in word as an image and also, publishing an Mathcad worksheet (msdx) as a MS Word file (docx).

I check some news about upcoming Mathcad Prime 3.0 features, but I can't see any information about that.

Does anyone have internal informations about future plans of Mathcad intergration with MS Office?

And is there any work arounds you have like using Print-to-File tools for publishing Mathcad Worksheets as PDF about MS Office integration?

3 REPLIES 3

In Mathcad 15 you can save in rtf-format.

But what would be the point of a M$ Word output?

Mathcad praises itself being a program for easy documentation, so it would be more logical to demand that PTC enhances the wordprocessor capabilities of its product (significantly) and also works on better graphs.

It doesn't make much sense that people should export to Word for postprocessing or transfer their tables from Mathcad to Excel to let Excel do the graphs the want.

Thanks for your answer Werner,

We can definitly say that; Mathcad 15 is more compatible with MS Word. As you said, it is possible to save a worksheet as RTF, and also HTML. In addition, there is print preview options in Mathcad 15.

Of course, Mathcad Prime 2.0 is better in some many ways regarding to documentation than Mathcad 15; but as long as you can save Mathcad worksheets as only in XPS format, some features become a little bit useless.

As we're a reseller of Mathcad in our country; we got a lot of feedbacks from (potential) Mathcad users. Even, Mathcad Prime become stronger in documentation side, people have some routines about using MS Word, and if we want to say to customer "you can use Mathcad instead of MS Word", we should give them some features they used in MS Word, basically print preview and save as PDF (without any third party tool). It's a little bit disappointment that can't using some features in newest version, you already have in past.

Of course, Mathcad Prime 2.0 is better in some many ways regarding to documentation than Mathcad 15;

Do you really think so? I strongly disagree. Prime has some minor advantages over MC15 but a huge lot of disadvantages and missing features compared to a 6 year old version. Especially when it comes to documentation Prime lacks a lot of things. You can't export graphs, even not through clipboard to postprocess them as is often necessary beacuse auf the limited graph formatting capabilities.

You have no headers or footers and people report problems with inserted graphics. There is no template file to hold company information or commonly used constants or functions as we have in MC15. And the page layout capabilities (margins, grid, allignment of regions) are mediocre.

If I recall correctly some of these points are addressed in Prime3, but I guess sure not all.

and if we want to say to customer "you can use Mathcad instead of MS Word", we should give them some features they used in MS Word,

That was my point - we don't need a Word export but people should be able to use Mathcad on its own for their docs. So PTC should add worthwhile wordprocessing capabilities.

It's a little bit disappointment that can't using some features in newest version, you already have in past.

I aggree with the disappointment, I disagree with the "little bit" 😉

Top Tags