cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Where is "symbolic"->"variable"->"solve"

cpolk
1-Newbie

Where is "symbolic"->"variable"->"solve"

I just converted over to Prime 3.0. Before I used to use Mathcad v8.  The option that i used the mose was to craete an equation & then have Mathcad symbolically solve for the variable. In mathcad 8 I would do the following steps:

1.) define an equation with some variables, using the ctrl+= (so I get the bold =)
2.) click on the variable I wanted to solve for

3.) In the top menu bar click "symbolic", then "variable", then solve

That was it ... I can not find that in the new Prime 3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:cpolk)

Craig Polk wrote:

I just converted over to Prime 3.0. Before I used to use Mathcad v8.  The option that i used the mose was to craete an equation & then have Mathcad symbolically solve for the variable. In mathcad 8 I would do the following steps:

1.) define an equation with some variables, using the ctrl+= (so I get the bold =)

I just selected "solve" then typed ",y" after it.

Stuart

PS..  I just did something no self-respecting male engineer would ever do and looked it up in Help, and this is indeed what you have to do.  Please don't tell anybody I read the manual or I will lose face..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Craig Polk wrote:

I just selected "solve" then typed ",y" after it.

Stuart

PS..  I just did something no self-respecting male engineer would ever do and looked it up in Help, and this is indeed what you have to do.  Please don't tell anybody I read the manual or I will lose face..

Thanks, that was exactly what I was looking for ... I just have to get used to the new look ... I do remmeber that also being an option in v8, I just never used it

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

No problem!

Stuart

Top Tags