cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Wide Worksheets?

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Wide Worksheets?

What has happened to Wide Worksheets?

I note that wide worksheets (ie, worksheets with regions to the right of the print margin) don't show as an option. Furthermore, M14 wide worksheets import onto what appears to be a (single-page)-width worksheet.

I regularly use wide worksheets for non-printing development notes/examples/annotations.

I don't see wide worksheets mentioned on the known issues page. I hope it's not a feature that's just going to disappear!

Stuart
5 REPLIES 5

I second that. I have side-by-side monitors, which I can use with earlier versions, but not this one.

I almost never print anything in mathcad, taking it to Word instead, so paper size has no relevance to me.

I would prefer an "Open Desktop" paper size, which would allow me to do calculations down OR across.

Many of my colleagues have side-by-side landscape monitors (yeach) which would make the problem even worse as vertical space is limited further so-as to maximise horizontal screen real estate.

Philip

If you change the layout to "draft view" you can see and edit past the right margin. The default layout is as it would print.

Only if the stuff is overhanging the side. You cannot put any insertion point past the edge of the grid-defined page.

TTFN,
Eden

I can't repeat this. If I go to Draft I have less space to work with.

Philip

Prime - most definately needs to have the wide user space to enter information to the side of the printed page. This is one of the most useful features of MC14 and prior.

My greatest issue right now is trying to import my MC14 files they all get messed up as we have a good portion of information off to the side and it all gets overlayed on the printing worksheet.

In addition we do need to option of setting up page layouts - different size pages etc.

Keith
Top Tags