cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Windows 11, Mathcad 15, and Prime 6

tietjee
14-Alexandrite

Windows 11, Mathcad 15, and Prime 6

I am getting a new computer which can be upgraded to Windows 11.  I did not take the subscription service to upgrade to Prime 7.  I would like to continue to use Mathcad 15 and Prime 6.  Does anyone have experience on installing Mathcad 15 and Prime 6 on Windows 11?  I know neither are certified for Windows 11.

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
o.svahn
9-Granite
(To:tietjee)

Mathcad 15 and Prime 6 run flawless on Window 11

kudos 

Owe

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

"Which can be upgraded to Windows 11":

If you get your PC with Windows 10 installed, I would install Mathcad and Prime under Windows 10, then get/wait for the update to Windows 11.

From what I gather, Windows 11 is not much different from Windows 10, it just imposes some extra requirements on your hardware.

Success!
Luc

tietjee
14-Alexandrite
(To:LucMeekes)

Thank you for the suggestion.

o.svahn
9-Granite

Mathcad 15 and Prime 6 run flawless on Window 11

kudos 

Owe

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Next release in March this year - Mathcad Prime 8.0 is certified to run on the newest Windows operating system, Windows 11 (version 21H2).

Hi

Today I tried to install MC 15 on my WIN 11 or WIN 10 PC and got this error:

Screenshot 2023-06-19 112350.png

Is that the first time you (try to) install Mcad 15 on that PC?

Did you check that all prerequisites for the installation are existent on that machine?

LucMeekes_0-1687195272458.png

Next problem may be activation, since PTC has discontinued sales AND support of Mathcad (1 thorugh 15), and Prime (1 through 6).

Read here: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad-Tips/Official-PTC-Mathcad-15-and-Prime-1-6-End-of-Sale-Announcement/ta-p/818870

Success!

Luc

Dear Luc,

thanks I did install MathCad 15 on Win 7 and win 10. And the licence file on the server should be working also for MathCAD 15. (As far our Suppling Company told me) But thanks a lot, for your info, I did not know that MathCad 15 and Prime 1-6 are discontinued.

But there are a lot MathCad 15 Books, Are they are available for Prime 8 ?

thanks

Walter

tietjee
14-Alexandrite
(To:WalterSchrabmai)

Prime does not support eBooks, which is a loss.  There is a conversion to change the eBooks into web pages.

Top Tags