cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Work Flow Is slow and annoying

IanC-disabled
1-Newbie

Work Flow Is slow and annoying

Am I missing something? It would appear that we have to use the ribbon to identify that you are typing text. M14 assumes a variable is being typed until a space is typed.

This program will be impossible to use the way it is set up.

As for the omissions . . . I assumed the list of features not included in Prime 1 referred to this Beta version - not the full program.

Very disappointing so far.

Ian
2 REPLIES 2

The time taken to create a worksheet will increase. Please note the following observations:

1. There is no flow between entering text and formulae. The ribbon has to be used to enter text � which slows work flow down. Please bring back the auto detection of entering text when a space is pressed.

2. Text boxes appear to be a fixed width. As more text is entered the text wraps to next line. The box should initialise as 1 character wide and increase as text is entered. If ENTER is entered then the box should wrap. The way this is at the moment every box will have to be resized manually.

3. Entering subscripts with CTRL SHIFT _ is very clumsy compared to the dot in M14.

4. If you miss entering the subscript the there is no way to correct. You have to enter the CTRL SHIFT _ and then retype the subscripted text. In M14 entering the dot in the correct place did the job.

5. Deleting unwanted spaces cannot delete all the spaces between two parts of the sheet i.e. you are always left with one blank line.

6. There is no way to highlight a formula. We use highlighting to identify input and critical output data. This is a must in a busy sheet that is used over and over again.

Ian

I agree on number 6. We do nee the option of being able to highlight regions and better yet any portion of a formula, matrix, or text region etc.

It does look like this might be comming as the ribbon now how the highlight and font color pickers but they are grayed out at this time.
Top Tags