cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

XMCD converter not working for legacy M`15 files

KV_10291816
1-Newbie

XMCD converter not working for legacy M`15 files

I have legacy XMCD files (mathcad 15) which I'm unable to convert.  I'm also unable to install Mathcad 15 as not even trial versions are available anymore.

Is there any way to convert my files or gain access to mathcad 15 still?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The convertor tool tells me that you have referenced worksheets in these documents, and hopefully you've converted those/that as well?

But I didn't have any problems with the conversion. The three worked on the first try.

DJNewman_0-1674655312319.png

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Alternatively, is anyone else able to convert these files?

Why are you unable to convert the files, whats the problem?

If you are using a current version of Prime, you don't need MC15 to convert files. Prime comes with a built-in converter but you have to tell the installer that it should install it as well. Per default installation of the converter is unchecked. In case you missed to install the converter you can rerun the installer again to install the converter.

If you are using an older version of Prime which required MC15 to do the conversion, you have to state which version of Prime you need the conversion to be done because if someone does the conversion for you in a current version of Prime, you would not be able to open this Prime file with an older Prime version.

Concerning MC15, PTC has completely phased out Mathcad 15 and Prime 1-6 versions since January last year. But there still may be demo versions downloadable here and there.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm currently using prime 8, and have the converter installed as well.

The conversion just says failed, so not much to go on why it won't work.

Doesn anyone else have any luck converting the files I attached?

The convertor tool tells me that you have referenced worksheets in these documents, and hopefully you've converted those/that as well?

But I didn't have any problems with the conversion. The three worked on the first try.

DJNewman_0-1674655312319.png

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.

Thanks so much!! I don't have the reference file anymore, but i can work with this.

Really appreciate the assistance!

@KV_10291816 wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

I'm currently using prime 8, and have the converter installed as well.

The conversion just says failed, so not much to go on why it won't work.

Doesn anyone else have any luck converting the files I attached?

Its not clear to me if you mean the the conversion failed or if you mean that the converted filed does not work as expected in Prime.

I opened the first file you posted in MC15 and see, that it is referencing a file "Units.xmcd". So this file is necessary for the converted file to run OK.  The other two files reference a units.xmcd as well.

But nonetheless the missing file should not make the converter throw an error. The conversion of the file should be done without problems but the final file would need the included file "Units.xmcd" (converted to Prime format of course) to work as expected.

For whatever it may be worth I attach the first file converted to Prime, but it will not work OK without the references units file.

Top Tags