cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

XY Plot

ptc-5672968
1-Newbie

XY Plot

Hello everyone,

I have this drawing of a XY plot in a book and I want to make the same one in Mathcad Prime 3.0 but I am a beginner maybe someone can help me. I have all the values for all the variable there (Ip,t2a,t3a etc). I tried using the available documentation but I can t figure it out on how to do it. Please your help will be very appreciated. Srry for my english writing skills.

6 REPLIES 6

Its cumbersome and I won't do all.

But the attached file should get you started, showing two ways to do what looks similar to your pic

Thank you man this look pretty straight forward. Nice word there cumberstome I don`t improve only my mathcad skills here but my english level too! If someone else can come with usefull information please do, any help is appriciated !

Ok so here is basically my whole project. Look at the bottom of it and you will see that somehow k in the sum has a problem and i dont know why... it shouldn`t have a units problem 😐

You had two errors:

1) The RHS of three definitions t2f..t.4f were wrong and so those variables got the unit s^2, which was the cause for the error you got

2) You mixed up T.p and T.P (lower/upper case P).

Why didn't you use units from the very beginning? It looks to me that you just added the units (s, A) because I used them in the sheet I posted. They are not necessary at all for plotting, I just thought it would be a good idea to use units, too.

BTW, I am not sure if I interpreted correctly the picture you sent. For the spikes I assumed the peak to be at the beginning of the time t.a1 and not at the end - not sure if thats what you want.

As I said before I am a beginner I asumed that I need units in order to plot. Yes the peak of the spikes should be at the beginnig of t.1a t.2a t.3a t.4a. This is what I`ve got.

In case you are missing the horizontal parts of the graph, you forgot about the last "else 0", so the graph was undefined outsides the spikes. I also changed the function name to i and changed the plot limits to automatic because you seem to use different values than in the pic and the plot didn't show everything. You can change for each axis the first, second and last value. If you simply delete those values Prime will chose values on its own - not always the best choice concerning the scaling steps but at least the plot will show fully.

Top Tags