cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

auto vs stop modes in Mathcad

ES_3652185
3-Visitor

auto vs stop modes in Mathcad

I find the calculation options in 8.0 very constraining compared to 2001i Professional, which I had previously used for 20 years.  In 8.0, if you don't enable "Stop all calculations,"  the program solves the entire worksheet every time a change is made in a subroutine.  In 2001i in auto mode there was no action until you dropped down to the page using the subroutine- and even then it only executed down to that page.  In 8.0 if you are converting several data files in the same program, it will execute all of them every time a subroutine change is made.  This can mean significant finger twiddling.  In the prior version, you could move back and forth from the subroutine to the first data set and optimize or modify the conversion process without the time penalty associated with processing the later cases.  Or is there a work-around? 

1 REPLY 1

Or is there a work-around? 

Unfortunately to the best of my knowledge -. no!

Prime should be, but still isn't superior to older real Mathcad versions and to me it looks like it never will be. It has a lot of drawbacks, limitations and missing features compared to real Mathcad and the improvement (yes, there are some) are rather minor.

It was also convenient in real Mathcad to have an "emergency button" (the ESC key) to stop all calculations rather than having to dumb oneself down the full menu structure to finally arrive at the "stop all calcs" option.

I also miss a way to just recalculate a certain region (and of course all the regions it depends on rather having to recalc the whole worksheet.

But, as its often so true nowadays, "new" doesn't automatically mean "better" ...

Top Tags