cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

corrupted file mathcad

OD_9939415
2-Guest

corrupted file mathcad

please anyone help me, ive been working this mathcad all night and suddenly this file corrupted. please anyone help mee. the deadline is near:(( helpp

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

4 REPLIES 4
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:OD_9939415)

Does mathcad give you a location (line number etc) where it goes wrong?

(Generally with corrupted files, Mathcad gives a line number and character position of the 'offending'' item.)

Success!
Luc

Here it is.

@PrepaidGiftBalance wrote:

please anyone help me, ive been working this mathcad all night and suddenly this file corrupted. please anyone help mee. the deadline is near:(( helpp

I have seen this error a few times myself.

It usually happens when mathcad crashes during a save.

If this is what happened then the file will be 0 bytes long (no content) & not recoverable from the file.

However, if you look in the folder where you were trying to save there may be a file in the form "MFCxxnn.TMP" where xx are random letters & nn are random digits.

If there is try renaming it from .tmp to .xmcd .

My experience has been that I can usually recover all the data that I had saved.

Apart from looking for left-over temp files, its a good idea to turn on Mathcads "Autosave feature" (-> Tools / Preferences / Save / Autosave). Thats one of the many features not available in Prime - and it sure would be needed there as Prime seems to damage fles much more often than Mathcad did.

Find attached a working version of your corrupted file. Check the content as I have removed one region which was responsible for the failure. It looks like this region was placed somewhere near the top of the worksheet and looked like

Werner_E_0-1621679412438.png

Some additional remarks:

When you defined theta in chapter 2.4, you used a literal index instead of the necessary vector index.

Later in this chapter it look like you confused 12 and 21 and also 13 and 31.

Top Tags