cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

degree rad, cos , sin mathcad confusion

ptc-763829
1-Newbie

degree rad, cos , sin mathcad confusion

hi,

i used several angel funktions, but mathcad seems to be confused....

a have no idea whats going on with cos(beta) in this file,

maybe someone can help or explain why this is happening

pls have a look..

thx

edit i'm using prime 2.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Not sure what your problem is. Is it that cos(beta) is changing from 0.93969 to 0.9324952?

This is because for some reason you have redefined cos() and defined your own cos()-function which you use from then on and therefore get different results. Watch the bold cos on your second page. You have defined (by accident I suspect) a cos-function which is independent from its argument and returns the same value (0.932495...) regardless what argument you feed it with.

WE

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Not sure what your problem is. Is it that cos(beta) is changing from 0.93969 to 0.9324952?

This is because for some reason you have redefined cos() and defined your own cos()-function which you use from then on and therefore get different results. Watch the bold cos on your second page. You have defined (by accident I suspect) a cos-function which is independent from its argument and returns the same value (0.932495...) regardless what argument you feed it with.

WE

i see ....

never thought of that, but someone should lock built-in funktions for redefining...

thx!

I am usually working with Mathcad 15 and do not have much experience with Prime. It seems from your screenshot that the redefinition of sin() is formatted as "System". If you reformat it as Function then you really have no way to distinguish your function from the buit in, I suppose. You are right, there should be at least some kind of warning. In Mathcad 15 you get the new definiton underlined in green as a warning in that case. But I must confess that I usually have turned off those warning as they can get quite annyoing.

Greetings from Austria to Austria 😉

Top Tags