cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

font size in mathcad prime

CDMAcat
3-Visitor

font size in mathcad prime

Is there still no way to set the plot font size in mathcad Prime 9

10 REPLIES 10

@CDMAcat wrote:

Is there still no way to set the plot font size in mathcad Prime 9

Unfortunately - no.

PTC seems to think that the plot 2D desaster was solved when they introduced the badly implemented third party chart component with its many drawbacks (slow, not unit-aware, does not scale which is a big problem on 4K screens with a higher windows zoom setting, ...).

It looks like they don't intend to improve Primes native plots.

DJNewman
17-Peridot
(To:Werner_E)

Not true, regarding PTC's Mathcad Prime roadmap, as PTC Mathcad product manager Andrew McGough talked about in the Mathcad Prime 9 launch webinar's Q&A session. (About 33:50 in, he discusses it for about three minutes.)

We're aware that there is work to be done (Andy even directly references the PTC Community and Ideas site in his response). We have enhancements we want to do for 3D plots and the visual precision/the presentation standard of the plots, along with other items.

While according to product management we don't have an exact "which version" of Prime (so don't expect it in Mathcad Prime 10), we do have future plans to revisit what we've done with plots in Mathcad Prime. It is on the roadmap and PTC might open up a working group about plots in that future.

But in the meantime, please do try to get used to using the Chart Component.

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.

Thanks for the update. I had originally just been asking about native plots.

But when you say get used to using the Chart Component, I then hoped Prime 9 might be able to adjust the axes font size. I see it also does not.

@CDMAcat wrote:

Thanks for the update. I had originally just been asking about native plots.

But when you say get used to using the Chart Component, I then hoped Prime 9 might be able to adjust the axes font size. I see it also does not.

In the chart component you actually can adjust the font size - even separate for each axis.
But only within a certain range. Largest size is 20 pts and using a small notebook screen with a high 4K resolution and therefore a large Windows zoom factor, this size still is too small. Most current software scales properly in that situation and older software can made to behave reasonably using the settings for High DPI in the compatibility section of their windows properties. The chart component could not made behave properly 😞

The same applies to line widths, etc. This is, apart from the unnatural unintuitive integration, the incredible slow reaction and the inability to use units he main reason for me, not to use that component.

Thanks for the information!

But, frankly, I'm not willing to sacrifice the time to get that kind of information from a half-hour or even longer podcast or video - let alone one with mandatory subscription/registration.
I'm more of a reader (especially when its not about my native language) and Vladimir occasionally posts updates on PTCs Roadmap, such as here:
Re: PTC Mathcad Prime Roadmap (2021 update) - PTC Community

Here I could not find any indication that improvements in the native 2D plot are planned.

But I am happy to learn that such improvements in the native 2D and 3D plot area should be included in future versions of Prime in a few years.

However, it must be allowed to remark that it is a little(?) embarrassing that a company that, among other things, has a full-fledged CAD software as one of its flagships, when further developing an already existing software after more than a dozen years of development was still not able or willing, not only but especially in the graphics area, to at least reach the quality and capabiliy of this ancient software, let alone surpass it. Something like that is difficult to understand and sure difficult to forgive.

The way it's always been:

Click in any open space.  With nothing selected, choose your font and size.

Fred_Kohlhepp_0-1681229674863.png

Any new entries will conform

Fred_Kohlhepp_1-1681229726926.png

Works for math or text--need to be in math formatting or text formatting

I assumed that @CDMAcat  was talking about the axis scaling of Primes native 2D plots

Werner_E_0-1681231695962.png

Yes, that is exactly the question I have. I should have put that in the subject line

As I already wrote there still is no option to change that font size in Prime 9 and I guess its not on PTC's todo-list either.

Thanks for the response, but it missed my question. I want to know how to change the font size of the axes of the plot

Top Tags