cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

help to define this logic in Mathcad R15, while using data from excel

ptc-2696759
1-Newbie

help to define this logic in Mathcad R15, while using data from excel

Hi,

I am using a data set in MS excel. From the given inputs -known (Nominal Ratio -NR & Power-P) I need to select the output (unit Size). The logic used is as follows:

For the given value of NR select the lower value, from table. For eg if given NR is 6.1, then select 5.6
For the given value of P select the higher value, from table. For eg if given P is 83.0, then select 124.0
Hence result is 160 Unit Size.

Please also refer attached image.

Can anyone help to define this logic in Mathcad R15? and also make use of the data from Excel

Thanks

Deepak

excelsheet.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-2696759)

Have a look at the attached.

I assume you are using an embedded Excel component.

Mike

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-2696759)

Have a look at the attached.

I assume you are using an embedded Excel component.

Mike

Error found in first sheet. I have also included a much simpler version in the attached. (Remover the loops)

Mike

Mike, your method still doesn't result in 160 for NR = 6.1 and P = 83.0. Try the attached.

Alan

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:AlanStevens)

Not quite Alan,

Your function returns 160 and 225 for the corresponding HR and P values. But unless I'm mistaken they should be 140 and 200 respectively.

See the attached - final version.

This was a little trickier than first thought.

Mike

Mike,

According to the original post:

"For the given value of NR select the lower value, from table. For eg if given NR is 6.1, then select 5.6
For the given value of P select the higher value, from table. For eg if given P is 83.0, then select 124.0
Hence result is 160 Unit Size."

A remaining restriction on my approach is that it assumes the values of P in any row are either monotonically increasing or monotonically decreasing.

Alan

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:AlanStevens)

That'll teach me to read things properly.

Example.jpg

Mike

Top Tags