cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

isolating a variable symbolicly

ptc-4953079
1-Newbie

isolating a variable symbolicly

How do I use Mathcad 15 to solve for C in terms of S, Q and D?

See attached file...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

See attached for some ideas. You may as well use the static symbolics but I usually don't as you have less control over the outcome and loose the dynamic.

Mathcads solution are ever so often quite complicated as the symbolics alway work in complex domain and have to consider all possible cases. Additional assumptions (if appropriate) can help. Somiting like "assume, x=real", or "assume, x>0, x>y". Unfortunately Mathcad quite often ignores the assume modifier.

hazen2.png

EDITED: changed screen shot and attached file

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

See the attach

See attached for some ideas. You may as well use the static symbolics but I usually don't as you have less control over the outcome and loose the dynamic.

Mathcads solution are ever so often quite complicated as the symbolics alway work in complex domain and have to consider all possible cases. Additional assumptions (if appropriate) can help. Somiting like "assume, x=real", or "assume, x>0, x>y". Unfortunately Mathcad quite often ignores the assume modifier.

hazen2.png

EDITED: changed screen shot and attached file

Thank you very much, Werner! Exactly what I needed.

Top Tags