cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

iterative calculation

MA_9121556
2-Guest

iterative calculation

Hello everyone!
I need your help.
I can't understand why the program doesn't continue to calculate.

It says the value of must be a vector.
Please look at the attached file!
Greetings from Germany Screenshot 2022-02-18 153512.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:MA_9121556)

You've probably reached a point where alpha is outside of the range 20...1200. In that case your function SW(alpha) returns a NaN, which is NOT an array, so Ca(alpha), that tries to get the first element of SW(alpha) runs into this problem.

Note that it is not necessary to have SW(alpha) return 1-element vectors. I suspect you've typed square brackets around the expressions inside SW(alpha). You should never do that unless you explicitly want to produce a vector.

I suggest you change SW(alpha) to NOT use square brackets, and omit the transpose operator, like this:

LucMeekes_0-1645206641112.png

Then you're rid of the 'this should be a vector' error. In return you may have to deal with the fact that you are running into a NaN, which will cause NaN's to appear in the results of the Theta.at4 function.

Success!
Luc

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:MA_9121556)

You've probably reached a point where alpha is outside of the range 20...1200. In that case your function SW(alpha) returns a NaN, which is NOT an array, so Ca(alpha), that tries to get the first element of SW(alpha) runs into this problem.

Note that it is not necessary to have SW(alpha) return 1-element vectors. I suspect you've typed square brackets around the expressions inside SW(alpha). You should never do that unless you explicitly want to produce a vector.

I suggest you change SW(alpha) to NOT use square brackets, and omit the transpose operator, like this:

LucMeekes_0-1645206641112.png

Then you're rid of the 'this should be a vector' error. In return you may have to deal with the fact that you are running into a NaN, which will cause NaN's to appear in the results of the Theta.at4 function.

Success!
Luc

Thanks! It works like butter 🤗

I haven't got Prime Subscription, only Express, so I can't check.

However, have you tried using a try-catch expression to look at what Ca is returning and the associated value of theta_a.t?  I notice that Ca returns NaN if alpha is out of bounds, and NaN[0 gives that error message.

Stuart

Top Tags